A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Break continued... The New Year


Where we live, it is cold, very cold. Everything is frozen for about half the year. I'll be honest, this was a very difficult adjustment for me. I guess my kids have helped me adjust. In the fall, they are excited when the snow comes. In the spring they are sad when it leaves. They love sledding, skating, building snow forts, and looking at it's beauty when it is too cold to go out. This week we even tried painting the snow with a little food coloring and water in spray bottles. Didn't work amazingly well, but it was fun anyway. They have given me a gift of gratitude for the fantastic snow and cold that we enjoy. Plus there are no bugs for half the year.
Matthew took the boys skating.





We all went swimming


Neil was a little fish with absolutely no fear. At one point he ran over to the deep end and jumped in, sank, and the life guard jumped in after him to save him. Then he grabbed a noodle and did it again without any hesitation. Didn't phase him at all.
We did some painting this week. I had the boys paint pictures to put on our Happy New Year banner. I guess I should take a picture of the final product.
Gordon and Jamin love this kind of stuff.




Neil wasn't too in to it. He likes making messes, but doesn't actually like being messy. He would rub his hands in the paint and then had to clean them right away.
Gordon being silly, as usual. =)

Dress of the Week
- Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa Anderson.

No comments: