A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We'll Miss You, Grandpa.





My Grandpa Richardson passed away last night after fighting lung cancer. These were pictures last year. The doctor told him two years ago that he only had a couple months to live. After beating prostate cancer and a serious car accident, I just thought Grandpa was going to live forever. Two weeks ago I visited him again and knew that that was not the case. I got to see him smile one last time, but it was a very strained smile. Everything he did took a great deal of effort.
I'll always remember being a little girl sitting next to Grandpa at church. He would play tic tac toe with me and the dot game. I always loved it even when he beat me. I remember he used to tell me he couldn't hear me when we sang hymns, so I would sing as loud as I could. But he still told me he couldn't hear me. I didn't realize that he was hard of hearing.
I loved going over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Sunday dinners. I thought they had the coolest backyard with their bomb shelter back there. Grandpa was always prepared.
He was/is a good man full of wisdom and the spirit of God. I know that he is watching down from heaven now and I only hope that he will proud of me.
Love you Grandpa,
Lisa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa Lisa. Glad you have some good memories to hold on to. ((HUGS)) Mair & Karl xo

Mom and Pop said...

He only could not hear on one side because of the war. A bomb went off right next to him on the shop he was on. Never could hear on that side again. You had to sit on the other side. He hears you now.

Lsmemoe said...

I never knew that it was because of a bomb. That's crazy. Thanks for sharing that.