A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Monday, June 28, 2010

Sick of being sick

Dress of the Week

Tegan didn't get to wear her outfit out this week because Mommy was sick, but I still got a picture. =)
It is kind of rough being sick when you are a mom. Mom's don't get sick days.
The kids still need their diapers changed and their meals made. The baby still needs to be rocked and fed. And then when we try to lie down for a minute they think that means they get to come jump on you. Which can be fun if your feeling well, but if you feel like throwing up, not so much. =P Luckily, the older kids understand that they need to be a little more patient and have been great helpers that last few days.

Playing in the mud


So after five days of being sick, I was starting do deal with it and decided I needed to keep moving. So I called the Dr. in the morning to set up an appointment. They said they wouldn't be able to fit me in till next week because of the long weekend. But the receptionist said she would talk to the Dr. and see if he wanted to fit me in anyway. So in the later afternoon I went to pick up some groceries and summer books for the boys. As soon as I got home I told the boys they could ride their bikes for a little bit while I unloaded stuff. Then I grabbed the phone and went outside to see this. Then I checked my messages to find out they could fit me in after all... in a little over half an hour. The doctors office is at least 10 minutes away and I didn't have anyone to watch the kids... and they were covered in mud. So I got on the phone found a sitter, took a picture =)(very important), threw the kids in the shower, got them dressed again, put all the kids in the car, and was off. I picked up one of the YW from the branch and brought her with me to my appointment. I got there just on time and then had to wait over an hour and half to see the doctor. Got to love doctor's offices.
One thing, I hardly ever have to wait at all for the kids doctor appointments.

A cute moment after we got home


2 comments:

Joan said...

Poor Lisa, I hope you feel better very soon. It's not easy to be a mom but you do such great jobs! Hang in there!!!

Lsmemoe said...

Thanks Joan! Actually I woke up this morning feeling much better. I still went and had blood work and stuff done just in case. Hopefully it was just a bug and I am over it. =)