A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Loved ones

I have been thinking a lot about death lately.  I woke up yesterday and felt like writing a poem.  My Mom in-law's sister passed away the day before.  I didn't know her well, but did have an enjoyable stay and visit with her  a little less than 4 years ago.  She was getting really sick and was having a really hard time.
Mother's day reminds me of my Gordon not being here.  He was really sweet on Mother's day and would make me breakfast and sometimes "accidentally" eat it.  I think of my husband's cousins that won't have a Mom on Earth this Mother's day.  I think of my mom in-law who doesn't have her husband to make sure she gets treated well this Mother's day.  I think of all those I know who have moms that have passed on and those that have never had the opportunity to become a mom.  I pray that they can find peace on this day and enjoy it for what it is.

Death
I know you well
I saw you yesterday
Sick or healthy
Young or old
Does not seem to matter
When you come it hurts
Even though I know
I’ll see them in the life after
Who will go next?
Of whom I love
That, I do not know.
God has a plan
And in this life
I’m here to learn and grow
One day I’ll see my loved ones again.
I’ll wrap them in my arms
We’ll laugh and I’ll see that giant grin
While looking at your little chin
I miss you and I love you so
Wish I did not have to see you go
But death, can you just wait a bit?
Can you push the hold button
While I think and sit
Can you wait till I’m ready to say goodbye
So that though it’s hard
I will not cry
Can I hold them in my arms again
And say I love you another time
And see them laugh and see them play
And see them not go away
Just let them stay another day
Death

Please go away

2 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful and touching poem, Lisa.

Megan Moench said...

This was very well written. Thank you for your words. That's how I feel, too.