A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Visiting Gordon

What do you do on a Sunday afternoon?  
We went to visit Gordon.  
My kids have been very interested in going lately.
 They have a sweet little bridge and pond close to where he is buried.
This is a different day.
 Neil kept telling Tegan not to step on Gordon.  
So, of course, being a three year old, she had to test it.
 It will still be a couple more months before the bronze plate marking the grave will be completed.  
Last week we went to see what it will look like.
It is going to be beautiful.  Matthew, Gordon and I are sharing one and our pictures will be engraved into it.  They were able to incorporate many pictures that were meaningful to us.
 It has been six months since the accident.  I cannot believe how the time flies.  
Six months since I have held him.
Six months since I have talked to him.
Six months months since I kissed the small scrape on his head.
He said he fell at school.  I asked if he would like a band-aid and he said he was fine.  He was so tough.  I gave him a kiss.  We looked at the Mario book I wrote for my kids.  I just got it in the mail the day before.  We were all so excited about it.  I fed him dinner.  We had spaghetti and meatballs.  He ate lots of food.  Grandma came to watch the other kids.  We left for music class...
and then the accident.
The things I miss most are his hugs, his laugh, and getting to know everyone anywhere we went.  He was so friendly, so full of life.  
I love you Gordon.  We miss you.
I am thankful for the videos and pictures I have to help me remember.

1 comment:

momicule gail said...

Our Hearts go out to yours. HUGs