A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day 2013

For me, Mother's Day was rough this year.  However, Father's day was fantastic.  I enjoyed the day and thought it was perfect.  We started the morning with a yummy breakfast with eggs, pancakes, and cantaloupe.  The boys gave Daddy the gifts they made for him.  Jamin's gift was an owl made with plaster and paint.  It says, "I owl always love you!"  Then Neil's was the feet with a poem.  It went

"Walk a little slower, "
Said a little child so small.
"I'm following in your footsteps, 
And I don't want to fall.

Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower 
For you are leading me.

Someday when I'm all grown up,
You are what I want to be;
For then I'll have a child
Who'll want to follow me.

And I would want to lead just right;
And I know that I was true;
So walk a little slower,
For I must follow you."
-Bobbie Norman
Really sweet poem.  I think it is pretty popular at Father's day.  Then I gave DH a razor from all of us.  It is what he asked for.  =)


At church the kids sang "Daddy's Homecoming". It goes, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home, Glad as I can be; Clap my hands and shout for joy, Then climb upon his knee, Put my arms around his neck, Hug him tight like this, Pat his cheeks, then give him what?  A great big kiss."
Then Neil ran up to Daddy and gave him a big kiss. Then the kids gave their Daddy's a bag of chocolate kisses.
 Neil's primary teacher filled out a Father's Day Survey with him.  It was pretty cute.

1. My Dad's favorite thing to do with his time is... everything with my Mommy and my Brothers and Sisters
2. My Dad is gone all day because he is... at work
3. My Dad married my Mom because... he married her in white
4. My Dad's favorite food is... Everything
5. My Dad's favorite toy is... Every toy in the world
6. If my Dad could own any car it would be... grey and black
7. My favourite thing about my Dad is... "D"
8. My Dad is silly because once he... He hugs me in my bed and that's silly.  And mom gives me a snuggle.
9. My Dad's favorite book is... ?
10. My Dad's favorite TV show/movie is... Every movie in the world.
11. My Dad is 99 years old.

 Friday night, the boys went on a Father/Son outing.  It wasn't very long, but they enjoyed it.
They had junk food and got to sleep in tents.   Can't get much better than that... or a camper in our kids case.




 They played capture the flag.  Jamin said he had lots of fun till he had a collision with a big guy.  He forgot that you aren't suppose to run in front of people running at full speed that are 3 times larger than oneself.  He was fine.  No worries.  =)

After the campout the DH and the kids went swimming at Grandma's and Grandpa's house while the girls went and made some pottery.  Jamin locked them all out of the house, but luckily, Matthew had everything he needed and Grandma and Grandpa live close.  It all worked out.

 After church on Father's Day, the kids were being so cute playing Uno while I was making something for the family potluck.  It was adorable.  
 On the way to the family potluck, we dropped by Gordon.  It made us pretty late, but they didn't seem too upset at us.
 There was a cute little family of ducks in the pond. 




Then we had a tasty dinner and talked with family and went home.

2 comments:

Mom and Pop said...

Loved reading and seeing all about your family this June. Lisa, you are such a super mom and what a very special family you and Matthew are raising. Thank you for this really special blog. So very touching! Love to all of you.

Kara said...

Thank you for writing Lisa. I love you more for reading about your good days and your hard days. Hugs