A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Friday, April 26, 2013

Coconut Mango Muffins

Adapted from the blog She Bakes Here

3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
4 cups mango puree(I think it would be even tastier if was a little chunky)
1 large egg, beaten
4 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil(I want to try it with coconut oil, but I don't have any yet.  Need to get it on the next trip to Costco!)
1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut, for sprinkling

Preheat your oven to 350*F.

Mix together dry ingredients.  (May not need sugar depending on the ripeness of the mango.  I used frozen mango and pureed it in my blender.  Maybe even some banana would be a good substitute.)  Blend in wet ingredients.  

Pour into a greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.

Bake for 15-20 minutes.


Makes about 24 moist and tasty muffins.

No comments: