A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break 2011- Will Be One That We Remember




Playing at our school park. Good times =)
Tegan getting ready to go down the slide.

There she goes!
Gordon going down.
Jamin playing on the snow plow mountain.
Tegan climbing up to the slide. She LOVES slides. She just keeps down over and over again.
We were playing hide-and-go-seek. Gordon was it. This is me hiding. Gordon found me pretty fast, Neil and Tegan gave me away. At least that is my excuse, and I am sticking to it. Jamin was the best at it. I couldn't find him and had to call for him to come out.
Gordon trying to ride his bike through the snow and ice. It is easier on the pavement, Gordon. =)
Jamin taking his scooter for a drive.
Another day playing in our backyard



Gordon had a birthday party at Oak Hammock Marsh, so I decided to spend time with the other kids there while Gordon was at the party. I asked Grandma Anderson if she would like to come along and she did which was awesome, and I think the kids all had a good time. One of Jamin's classmates were there with a younger sibling at the same party as Gordon, so Jamin had lots of fun playing with his friend.
Jamin coloring
Tegan playing Wildlife Plinko.
Jamin the bumble bee
Tegan's favorite thing was watching the fish.

Neil's favorite was fishing for plastic fish.
An outside view of the marsh. There was a chilly wind, so we didn't stay out too long, and there wasn't really any wildlife to see yet.
Neil sorting the blocks.
Jamin was given a project for school to choose a famous manmade structure, build a replica and write about it. Jamin chose the Golden Gate Bridge. He said he chose it because his Grandma and Grandpa Richardson have a big picture of it in their living room. It is not finished yet, but he made lots over progress over Spring Break. I'll show another picture when he is finished.
The boys being silly with oranges. =)
The boys were good about practicing the piano and...

helping out over Spring Break. Here is Gordon whipping some egg whites for waffles one morning. Jamin even washed some dishes. I should have taken a picture of that! =) Next time.
My poor little princess stood up on a chair and it fell over. She got a big gash on her chin. =( I took a picture of the gash, but I am not posting on here. It will make everyone cry. This is a picture of Tegan taking a nap at the Emergency Room. We were there for 7 1/2 hours! It was insane crazy. I don't recall ever having to wait that long before. Tegan was fairly good most of the time considering she had a gash in her chin. She is such a sweetie pie. I stayed in the room while they stitched her up and almost passed out just before they put the first needle through. I guess I suddenly turned sheet white and they made me sit down immediately, threw some oxygen on me, and told me to put my head between my legs.
Here are her stitches. She gets them out on Wednesday.
Tegan's angry face? I just thought it was cute.
Sweet Tegan
Watching General Conference. It was so exciting this year. The first session they announced that there will be a temple built here! I know it will likely take some time, but we are all totally and completely thrilled about that news. The temple we go to now is about a 6 1/2 hour drive, so it will be quite a change. Jamin was actually sad at first. He said he won't be able to visit his friend Liam and go on long drives and stay at hotels anymore. I told him it would likely be a couple years and we still would likely be able to do all those things occasionally anyway. Then he was happy too and even built a model out of cardboard of what he thought it should look like. =)

2 comments:

Joan said...

I am so sorry to hear about Tegan's accident. It made me very sad even without seeing the most horrific gashing picture. Thanks for not posting by the way! She IS a sweetie pie. I will pray for her and you guys too. :(

Mom and Pop said...

I think this happened while I was talking to you - I am so sorry about Tegan's fall. I am sad about her stitches.
I am however, very happy about the Temple. I even shed a few tears of happiness.
Love to you all and know that you are always in our prayers.