A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Snow is Melting and Dress of the Week

Dress of the Week
I got Tegan's hair in pigtails this week! It was so exciting! I love my little girl. =) ... and my other kids too. =)

Jamin and the cat doing some reading. =)
So lately I have been trying to get the boys to help out a bit more around the house. With four things seem to get out of hand pretty fast. So I have been encouraging them to help even if it is easier to do it myself. I figure in the long run we'll all be better off if they learn to enjoy some cooking and cleaning. They don't mind helping me in the kitchen, sweeping, wiping and setting tables, mixing stuff, helping me get ingredients. The hardest thing for me is to get them to pick up their toys. It's all a learning process I guess.
One of my best investments. The kids love our moon bouncer.


Ok, so I am kinda weird. I have been trying to tell myself all winter how much I love the snow and we have really been enjoying playing in it and stuff. I am probably the only one, but I am actually kind of sad the snow is leaving. More than leaving, suddenly in a weeks time, most of it is gone! I do not miss the insane cold, though. Well, out with the old and in with the new. Sledding and snow forts are now history(till fall). This week the kids have been splashing in puddles and getting really dirty. Neil is the only one completely in denial. He still won't give up his winter jacket for a spring one. However, he REALLY loves running through puddles and throwing rocks into them. It has proven to create much more laundry this week.
An election is coming up in Canada. Matthew is totally obsessed with all the latest political stuff lately. Everything is so different here than in the states. Here, if a majority does not agree on a budget, then there is an election. Normally elections end up being every 4 years, but lately they have been every 2. The leader of the party with the most local officials elected becomes the Prime Minister. I think it is way more complicated than that, but that's a general low down.
The river is mesmerizing right now. It is moving really fast and there are lots of logs and big chunks of ice that float by. We took a walk/bike ride yesterday to the river to get a closer look.



Jamin's completely outgrew his last bike and it faced some tragedy, so it was time for a new bike. Now that the snow and ice are off the roads, he can ride it. =)


Last year this section of road flooded, so they prepared for it this year, although it has not proven to be necessary.
You can tell the water is high when it is the same height on both sides of the lock.

No comments: