A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow, friends, church, math, and National Child Day - all things I am thankful for =)

I am so happy right now. I feel like singing and dancing in the snow.

It was a busy weekend. Thursday night it snowed and snowed and kept on snowing and it is suppose to snow some more in the next couple of days. The kids have had lots of fun playing in it. Our good friend, Gordon Holmes, rescued me for the second time in two weeks. He came and got my van out of the driveway so that I could go take Jamin to tennis and meet Matthew for a cycling class, dinner and Institute.

Gordon and Neil playing
Jamin on his way to school
Neil kept eating it, and thought it was so fun



Saturday I watched four of my friend, Kim's, kids for her. Her triplet 4 year olds and her 2 year old. We had a good time. I pulled out the bouncer. We had snack and lunch together and they did a Christmas craft. Everyone was pretty good and there were no mishaps. Hurray! Neil found it necessary to dump out everything whenever I was distracted, so I had a bit of a mess to clean up, but Jamin and Gordon helped, so it was all good.
I know this is a horrible picture, but the camera and I weren't getting along. It's the only one I have of them in motion.

Tegan wanted to get in on the action too.
Our craft. I did this one just for an example. It was quick and easy and they enjoyed putting the stickers on. Noah put an elephant on his. =) ... or was it Connor? hmmm...

As I was cleaning up, my SIL, Breanne, came over so I could assist her with a business math class she is taking. She worked on some problems while I made food for potluck at church the next day and dinner and she called me as needed. Our house was a little crazy, well Tegan was jealous of me paying attention to someone else, so Breanne left for a break and came back when the kids were in bed. We worked until about 12:30 or 1 in the morning. Then I did some last minute things for my class the next day, went to bed at 2, Neil got me up at 5 to take him to the bathroom, and then I got up at 7 to get myself and the kids ready for church.
It was the primary presentation this week, so I had the kids practice their lines in the morning and actually got there a little early. It was such a cute presentation. I loved it. The primary presentation has to be my favorite Sunday of the year. Jamin was definitely the most powerful singing voice in the group. It made me smile. After church we had our monthly potluck and then came home and rested for a little bit. Then we had our FHE. We talked about being thankful since American Thanksgiving is coming up. Then they drew thankful trees and drew all the things they are thanful for on their trees. Then Breanne came over again and we hashed out some more math problems together and stayed up late again. I enjoyed it, it feels good to exercise my brain, but I am not sure how much Breanne liked it. However, she had her final today and got 85% on it! Hurray for Breanne!! Anyway, that is why I am really happy right now. She just called me and told me.
Dress of the week
This week Neil's letter obsession has moved to making letters with train tracks.
Today we went to National Child Day. The kids had soooo much fun. There were crafts, GymKids stuff, zumbatonics, a magic show, ... and it was all free. It was definitely a worthwhile outing. =)

Neil playing with goo
Gordon playing with goo
Tegan playing with goo, although not for very long because she wanted to eat it.
Gordon poking the lightning bug guy in the tummy.
Neil running on the treadmill. That GymKids stuff is really cool.
Tegan jumping
Tegan didn't quite know what to think about all these funny looking clowns and mascots around.
Neil gave them all hugs.
The kids doing zumbatonics. This was really fun for them.
Gordon dancing with Rita Book.
Tegan dancing with Rita Book.
And Neil dancing with Rita Book. She is the library mascot, in case you couldn't tell.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey - I recognize those jammies. Did we pass those along to you?

Love you Lisa. Wish we had lots of travel money to come see you. Elisabeth and Neil would have a blast.

Lsmemoe said...

Why yes, you did... and the dress she is wearing... and I think the shirt she is wearing under that vest too. =) Thank you, Kristi! You are the best.
Love you, too! I was really sad that I couldn't come visit you in November. =( We just need to discover a more cost effective form of transportation.
I know, Neil and EB are so much alike, it is scary. =)