A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Work it Out With Words... a Miracle Mommy Moment

These two are perhaps two of the cutest friends ever.  They love to play princesses and tea party and all kinds of pretend games.  It is adorable... most of the time.  They also are two very head strong girls.  We'll just say these girls are future leaders.  I had a miracle mommy moment with them.  They wanted to play Candyland, what little girl wouldn't.  However, one insisted that they play it downstairs and the other insisted that they play upstairs.  This had the potential to be ugly.  They were whining at each other and came to me for help.  I told them, "Girls, it doesn't matter to me whether you play the game upstairs or downstairs.  You two talk it out and work out a solution you can both be happy with and then I will be happy to get Candyland down for you to play."  So I left them to talk, not too far incase it did in fact get ugly.  A couple minutes later, they came happily upstairs and said they were going to play one game upstairs and then one game downstairs.  I was so happy, I just about shouted for joy.  I told them how proud I was with their ability to work it out and went and got them the game.  It is not an easy skill for children to learn to work with others, but so essential.  So proud of these two sweet girls.