A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dresses, friends, weather, and happiness

Dress of the Week
friends
We went to the Kids Festival at the Forks with some friends. Jamin had school, so he missed out. Poor guy. But summer is coming soon, so he can come on adventures with us then. That's where we got the matching dresses.
I just thought this was funny. Neil was getting ready to go outside. I think Neil is confused about the season. Hey, I'm confused too.

Update on my broken foot - This week I got a removable cast. Hurray!! Now I can shower without bagging my foot and even sleep without the crazy thing on. Makes life sooo much happier. =)
I went to a women's conference at church this weekend. One of the workshops was about happiness. How we choose to be happy and what really makes us happy. On the way there I was talking to my mother-in-law about gas prices about how they skyrocket and then come down a little bit. We start to feel better about filling up with gas when they come down a little bit even though it is still way higher than a year ago. It's kind of like that with my foot. It was a huge change at first and slowly as I heal, I went from not being able to put any weight on it to having one crutch and a walking cast to being able to not use crutches at all. Now I have a removable boot. Each step makes life easier for me and makes me appreciate things all the more. So I think we need challenges in our life to be happy. Without them, it is difficult to recognize all the blessings that we have.

No comments: