A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Busy Sunday with a little craziness

MY DAY
7am wake up, make breakfast then get ready for church
7:45 Matthew leaves for church (he has to be there early every Sunday for meetings)
Once I am ready, I start getting the kids ready.
9am the time I realize I need to hurry or I will be late.
10am church
10:15 the time I got to church
12-1:30 Visiting Teaching workshop/lunch
2-3 baptism
3:20 got home
3:45 Matthew got home
4pm missionaries and in-laws came over for dinner
5:15 encouraged the missionaries to go so we could get to the Stake center for choir practice
5:30 left for the stake center
6pm choir practice
6:10 got to the stake center
7pm Prelude to Christmas
10pm got home and put kids to bed

Prelude to Christmas is a musical performance that our church puts on every year. The last few years we have gotten together with a Catholic church in the area and both churches have various musical ensembles that perform Christmas music. This year Matthew and I were in the choir and I accompanied the choir with my flute in one piece. I was also asked find an ensemble from our branch in Selkirk to perform. Jamin loves to sing, so I thought it would be a good opportunity for him. He chose Joy to the World, practiced a ton, and did an amazing job. I was so proud of him. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of that many people and sing. Afterwards, there were refreshments and I was enjoying people come up to me and tell me how much they enjoyed Jamin's singing, when someone from behind said, "You need to get your son now." I turned around and to my complete horror, I saw my little Neil running around the cultural hall with NO PANTS on. Aaaaah! Matthew had some business he was attending to, so he wasn't around. So I immediately went to Neil, scooped him up, trying to cover him behind Tegan, and swiftly moved to the bathroom. Then I didn't quite know what to do. I decided to wait for a miracle. I was not going to leave that bathroom without anything to cover Neil. Luckily a miracle came. A very kind lady came, asked if she could help, and located Neil's pants. They were wet, in the men's bathroom. So I guess he didn't quite make it to the toilet and thought an appropriate solution would be to take them off.

Dress of the Week

No comments: