A STORY OF A MOM WHO CLEANS UP MESSES AND LOVES THOSE DRESSES

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gordon's birthday

Gordon's birthday was a day I was dreading for a while.  I just wanted to make it a special day and remember him and I wanted our angel to know that we love him and miss him and I wanted to stay busy.
So we started out the day going to the cemetery to sing to Gordon and blow him some bubbles.
 Then my husband took the younger two kids to my sister in-law's house and I took the other kids to school.  I dropped off cupcakes for Jamin's and Neil's classes and the principal and vice-principal.  Gordon would be in third grade this year.  I asked them if I could bring cupcakes and read a new story I had written for my kids.  I showed them the book and they decided they would just like me to read the story and not bring cupcakes so that it would be more about the story.  I'll post it on here when all the pictures are completely finished.  So first thing when school started, the third graders came into the library and I read to them.  They were great to read to.  They laughed in all the right places and at the end asked if I would write another story to read to them.  It really brightened my day.
Then I went to pick up Dallin and Tegan and took them to the gym.  I ran 8K on the treadmill(I didn't have time for 8miles) since he would have been 8 this birthday, and worked with my trainer.  Then we picked up some lunch and headed back to my sister in-law's house.  I had a primary meeting.  We talked for a long time and I didn't end up leaving until it was pretty much time to go pick up my kids from school.  I picked up my kids and was at home for a couple minutes to grab the kids swimsuits and work out clothes.  I found flowers, ornaments, and a balloon for Gordon and chocolates and herbal tea for me.  So on the way to the kids lessons, I swung by the cemetery again to bring Gordon his things.
I noticed almost everyone at the cemetery has wreaths for their loved ones, but I thought I would be different and get him a little tree.  It was a bad idea.  I am going to get him a wreath too.  The tree had fallen over.
This is an ornament that my good friends gave me for the tree.  Isn't it beautiful?  I'll put it on the wreath when I get.
 His favourite colour is red, so of course everything is red.  I think there is a rule that I am not suppose to put flowers in the vase this late in the season.  I really need to look into that, but I figured for a few days till I get a wreath, it won't be a big deal.  I saw one other one with flowers in the vase.
Then I took my kids to their squash and swimming lessons at the Winter club.  They always love going there.  Then the kids went to babysitting where the get to go bowling, do crafts, and have dinner.  I watched Matthew play hockey and the Jets game and had an interesting chat with some friends.  
I enjoyed this day and I hope that Gordon enjoyed watching us.  
In two weeks we will have a birthday party for Gordon and remember him with friends and family and enjoy some time doing one of his favourite things, ice skating.

No comments: